June 9, 2010

Draping

It's been a while since I've last touched my dressform. It can be a bit daunting when I think of all the formal steps to draping: prepping the muslin, draping the muslin, truing the muslin... sometimes I just want to forget about the muslin!  lol, so unless I have a lot of free time to devote to designing (which rarely happens now), I usually stick with pattern paper.  However, I've always thought you can be so much more creative when using a dressform, especially because you can see the final results as it comes.

It is definitely more fun to go straight to the actual fabric! Here is some freestyle draping I did with a vintage fabric I found.  And it only took me a few minutes to drape :)  The fabric is all one piece.


I have a lot of things I want to write about: how I made my cloche hat, how I draped my evening gown, a wrap up of Mesa's annual fashion show (you can see some of the garments from the show on Susan's blog), and I also have some quick side projects I am doing... but I forgot how demanding blogging can be!!

No comments: